Saturday, September 18, 2010

That Carmelita.

My husband Dave and I have a housekeeper named Carmelita. She has been with us for as long as we can remember. She is not a very good housekeeper, unfortunately. In fact, she is quite lazy.

There have been many times over the years that we decided to fire Carmelita. She doesn't keep things clean, she never gets the laundry done. We've often discovered that she just sits around eating BonBons and watching Oprah. Yet, we just don't have the heart to let her go.

She is such a part of our lives. The kids have grown to love her as much as we do! Even though she does the worst job on their bedrooms (I think she may be afraid to go in there), even they don't want us to fire her.

I wish I had a photo of her to post here, but I guess we've never taken one. She is a bit camera shy, likely due to her weight issues. Poor thing is quite large. I think it is all the BonBons and sitting around.

Carmelita has been married a few times. Not sure what that is about, but Dave and I suspect she is on her 4th or 5th husband. We aren't even sure which child goes with which daddy! I forgot to mention, Carmelita has 7 kids. No wait, I think its 8 now.

One thing I should let you know about - Carmelita is imaginary. She is and always has been our scape goat for a messy house. You see, when the house gets out of hand we say "That Carmelita, she's fired" or "Dang lazy housekeeper, what was she doing, eating BonBons and watching Oprah all day?".

Hey, don't scoff, it helps us cope. Life is busy, houses get messy and who has the energy to keep up with it all? Certainly not Carmelita!

No comments:

Post a Comment